In consultation with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia, and the Government of BC, we’ve taken many precautions and have implemented many changes at our clinic to keep everyone safe. Things are going to be a little different here for a while.
We’re taking measures to reduce the number of people here and to ensure more space between appointment for extra cleaning. We’re also asking our patients and workers to wear masks. We’ll be screening patients for symptoms of COVID-19 and we’re dropping all cancellation fees to ensure maximum responsiveness.
Opening our doors for in-person appointments
- Patients will be screened for illness and recent travel prior to attending in-person appointments
- We will now restrict patients from in-person appointments for 14 days if you have travelled outside BC or have travelled to the lower mainland
- Please cancel and reschedule your appointment if you do not feel well – there will be no cancellation fees charged.
- Please wear a cloth or paper mask to your appointment
- If you do not have your own mask there will be masks for $2 at front reception
- Please feel free to wait inside or outside for your appointment, and attend your appointment alone, if possible, to reduce the number of people in the reception area
- Please come to the clinic at your appointment time; avoid coming early if possible
- All patients will be asked to clean their hands with provided hand sanitizer upon entrance to the clinic
- Please wash your hands at the end of your session prior to leaving the clinic
Enjoy the benefits of Tele-Rehab physiotherapy
Tele-Rehab physiotherapy is a 1-on-1 video based session, similar to an in-person session, that can be done from a home or office. During a Tele-Rehab session, your therapist will listen to your history and take a detailed history, assess the area(s) where you may be experiencing pain, and assess range of motion through specific movements.
After guiding you through a series of self-tests, your physiotherapist will provide you with a diagnosis and a plan for treatment including:
- Advice and education
- Timeline for recovery, including estimated number of sessions needed
- Passive and/or active stretches
- Self-mobilization techniques
- Mobility and strength exercises
- Progressions to your current exercise program
- Communication with your family GP
- Referral to other medical providers