Our physiotherapists can help you
We can help you recover from surgery, pain and injury. We can also help you strengthen and prevent injury. And whether you’re already an athlete, or aspire to be one, we can help you excel in your performance.
A physiotherapist is a University educated healthcare professional trained to assess and manage your mobility and health. Physiotherapy can help you with a wide range of issues, including:
- acute injury management
- movement evaluation and re-education
- hands on therapy for joint mobilization and soft tissue manipulation
- individualized exercise program planning
- education on core stabilization principles
- athletic and supportive taping and bracing
- orthotic prescription and casting
- postural assessments/workplace and ergonomic assessment
- referrals to massage therapists, personal trainers, yoga and pilates instructors and coaches
Find your physiotherapist in Victoria
Find us at the corner of Oak Bay Ave and Redfern Street, across from Red Barn Market.
Conditions that will resolve with physiotherapy treatment include:
- tendinitis including tennis and golfer’s elbow
- rotator cuff strains and tears
- running injuries, such as patella femoral pain syndrome and ITB friction
- ligament sprains
- plantar fasciitis
- shin splints
- low back pain
- disc injury
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- knee problems, such as meniscus tears and ligament strains
- neck pain/strain
- postural pain
- ankle sprains
- and much more!
Follow up with us
The vestibular system is the connection between your inner ear and your eyes and brain. It keeps us balanced upright, and gives us spacial awareness.
Whew! That was a long race (3km of swimming and 18.4km of running to be exact). As I sit here 36 hours post-race nursing my sore muscles, I figured I…
Dizziness is assessed using specialized equipment including eye examination by infrared camera. It is quantitative and correlates well with traditional medical measures of dizziness including vestibular function testing.
Managing low back pain through conservative management first eliminates the risk of side affects from surgery, improves mobility, strength and knowledge on the condition itself, provides strategies on how to manage the pain, and tends to produce more active living, longer.
We are in the process of scaling back to acute care and urgent needs patients to promote social distancing…
I am excited to announce that I am opening a sports medicine practice in Oak Bay at Arbutus Physiotherapy & Health Centre, which is right across from the Red Barn…
Ashley and I spent the two days downtown Victoria studying some functional movement training – it always feels good to fit in some continuing education when we can. We had…
It takes a lot of different kinds of work to make a community click. Stay active, safe, and vital out there folks. #athleticismiseverywhere #yyj #victoriaBC #jubileehospital #victoriajubileehospital #worklifestyle #yyjclimbing
We’re looking for a dynamic and motivated physiotherapist to join our team. Our clinic offers physiotherapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, IMS, shockwave therapy and custom orthotics. As part of our team…