Our physiotherapists can help you
We can help you recover from surgery, pain and injury. We can also help you strengthen and prevent injury. And whether you’re already an athlete, or aspire to be one, we can help you excel in your performance.
A physiotherapist is a University educated healthcare professional trained to assess and manage your mobility and health. Physiotherapy can help you with a wide range of issues, including:
- acute injury management
- movement evaluation and re-education
- hands on therapy for joint mobilization and soft tissue manipulation
- individualized exercise program planning
- education on core stabilization principles
- athletic and supportive taping and bracing
- orthotic prescription and casting
- postural assessments/workplace and ergonomic assessment
- referrals to massage therapists, personal trainers, yoga and pilates instructors and coaches
Find your physiotherapist in Victoria and Colwood
Conditions that will resolve with physiotherapy treatment include:
- tendinitis including tennis and golfer’s elbow
- rotator cuff strains and tears
- running injuries, such as patella femoral pain syndrome and ITB friction
- ligament sprains
- plantar fasciitis
- shin splints
- low back pain
- disc injury
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- knee problems, such as meniscus tears and ligament strains
- neck pain/strain
- postural pain
- ankle sprains
- and much more!
Follow up with us
Teams we sponsor
We believe in athletes. We are athletes.
We believe in sport. We’re committed to sport in our community.
We may be a small clinic, but the teams and organizations we support have BIG dreams and aspirations.
Arbutus Physiotherapy and Health Centre is proud to be a part of every athlete’s journey, including the three teams that we sponsor.
Physiotherapy Canada Journal
Physiotherapy Canada is a leading evidence-based journal of physiotherapy. International in scope, the journal publishes the results of qualitative and quantitative research including “systematic reviews, meta analyses, meta syntheses, public/health policy research, clinical practice guidelines, and case reports.”
Founded in 1923, Physiotherapy Canada meets the diverse needs of national and international readers and serves as a key repository of inquiries, evidence and advances in the practice of physiotherapy.
Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia
Physiotherapy is a holistic approach to healthcare lead by practitioners dedicated to working with people to maximize their ability to move and function throughout their life. In British Columbia, you can see a physiotherapist without a doctor’s referral. – Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia
Physiotherapists can help you with:
- Promoting optimal mobility, physical activity and overall health and wellness;
- Preventing disease, injury, and disability;
- Managing acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations, and participation restrictions;
- Improving and maintaining optimal functional independence and physical performance;
- Rehabilitating injury and the effects of disease or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions; and
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline.
During our chat with Mackenzie, Arbutus’s Westshore Administrative Manager, we dug into how little tasks make our brains feel better and why walking is a fantastic form of exercise.
During our chat with Remy, we learned about how a brief foray into HR training led him to the world of physiotherapy, and how his life in the Netherlands prepared him for Vancouver Island’s wet weather.
During our conversation with Hatty, we learned about why she loves to sleep under the stars and some of her favourite facts about the human body.
Thank you for helping to make our new clinic in Colwood a success! We haven’t met all of our neighbours yet and we’re really proud of our beautiful new space….
Taylor, one of Arbutus’s physios, shares about why taking on a beginner perspective in her running is helpful in her practice plus why she loves hiking the west coast.
At its core, kinesiology explores the science of human movement, performance, and function.
Natasha is a longstanding integral member of the Arbutus team.
We are very proud and excited to be opening up a second location, Arbutus Physiotherapy Westshore, in Colwood! Our new location is right at the corner of Sooke Road and…
Zoë Stocker is walking’s number one fan.