We are posting today due to the growing concern with COVID-19 caused by the coronavirus. We want to assure you that we are taking extra precautions to protect our patients, staff, and community.
What we are doing to reduce transmission of COVID-19
- Our staff are kept up-to-date with information taken directly from the Public Health Agency of Canada, whose primary focus is on disease prevention and providing information to Canadians to support informed choices.This is Canada’s national leader in public health threats like COVID-19. (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health.html)
- Our practitioners & admin staff have strict hand hygiene protocols.
- Areas that are frequently touched by patients and staff, such as door handles, chair arms, treatment beds, counter tops, computers & telephones, are cleaned with a hospital-grade sanitizer, regularly.
- Staff who have any symptoms of illness (fever, sore throat, respiratory symptoms, cough, etc.) are prohibited from coming to work.
- No one employed at Arbutus Physiotherapy & Health Centre has travelled to an area of concern within the last three months.
- Our staff is committed to avoiding large-group events.
What can you do to reduce the transmission of COVID-19
- Keep up-to-date with information from the Public Health Agency of Canada. This is Canada’s national leader in public health threats like COVID-19.(https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health.html)
- Please wash your hands regularly with hot soapy water or use hand sanitizer.
- Upon arrival to the clinic, please wash your hands with hot soapy water or use hand sanitizer.
- If you have any symptoms of illness (fever, sore throat, respiratory symptoms, cough etc) please cancel your appointment until you are feeling better. There will be no charge to you for short notice cancellations due to illness or for unattended appointments where the COVID-19 virus is suspected.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada or live with someone who has, please wait at least 14 days before you come to the clinic.
- Avoid large-group events.
Thank you for being part of the solution to this unfortunate situation. We appreciate that our community is coming together in solidarity during this time, especially to support members of our community that are immune-compromised. We are always here to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Please don’t hesitate to call.