Category: Community

Dancers lunge in practice in a studio.

For more than injury prevention

Dancers, like other athletes, don’t have to wait to be injured to see a bodyworker. They choose to work with physios to maintain their agility and prevent…

Socked feet poised to leap on the dance floor

Staying motivated to keep dancing

Olivia loves to dance and in this post she thinks about her dance class and her motivation and the way perfection can get in the way of progress, and also body positivity…

A swimmer stretches before a Human Powered Race event.

2016 Events for amateur and pro athletes, by Human Powered Racing

The hardworking geniuses at Human Powered Racing have a fantastic race schedule lined up for 2016. If you’re thinking of racing, you should absolutely get in touch with Mike and Rob and…

A Christmas montage by Libby Meakin

Moved by Christmas

For me Christmas is about family, friends, twinkling lights on trees, mulled wine, outdoor ice rinks and lots of laughter. Maybe lots of mince pies too and always, always a viewing of A Muppets Christmas…

Hip hop dancers on stage breaking a move.

Aspirations Hip-hop film performance

Check it out on the 19th and see the dance, be inspired, and help this community film project. All proceeds from this event will be donated to fund youth dance programs and also…

The head coach at Human Powered Racing runs by in his spandex Human Powered Racing suit.

The importance of massage therapy to my training regimen

If you want to perform at your best you need to recover from the stress that you put your body through and keep all of “its parts” working optimally. This recovery and optimization happens in many ways, including through massage…

Dr. Veronica Hewstan in her clinic space

Getting to know Veronica

Dr. Veronica Hewstan is a chiropractor with us and in this interview she tells us all about her passion for sport and chiropractic care…

Sandy and XX relax after the Ironman Miami race

Race day at the Ironman Miami 70.3

It was a big race with over 2500 athletes from around the world. I had a sixth place finish in my age out of 112 women…

Jason Heit sits down to talk with Mya, on Verse

Jason Heit, boxing champion, on Verse with Mya

Excellent interview of Jason Heit by Mya, on Verse with Mya. Enjoy this video by Stylux Studios…

Tanelle Bolt poses in San Diego with the ocean in the background

Support the Bolt Classic Golf Fundraiser, Thursday, October 8th

The Bolt Classic Golf Fundraiser is happening on Thursday, October 8th at the Valley Course at 1:00PM …

Arbutus Physiotherapy & Health Centre logo

Helping athletes, and everyone else.

Physiotherapy | Massage therapy | Athletic Testing | Sports Medicine

For athletes. For everyone.

Physio | Massage